| Click on the + sign to learn more about each plan.Informacion en Español click aqui
Click Here to Download PDF of Lifeline Request Form
Click aqui para descargar la forma en Español
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
What is the program?
The Lifeline Service Program is a program designed to lower the cost of basic, monthly local telephone service.
Who is eligible?
The program includes income-based eligibility criteria. These criteria are based on the poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under authority of 42 U.S.C. §9902(2). For eligibility, the total household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines OR participate in one of the following programs:
• Food Stamps
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance
• Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
• National School Lunch Program (NSL)
How do I apply to receive Lifeline discounts?
To utilize this program, please call or stop by any Chat Mobility retail location. Be sure to bring with you any documentation that would support the above outlined eligibility requirements. Examples of this would be as follows:
• Prior year state or federal tax return
• Three consecutive months of statements for any of the following: Paycheck stub or current income statement from an employer; Social Security Administration statement of benefits; Retirements/pension statement of benefits; Veterans Administration statement of benefits; Unemployment/Workman’s compensation statement of benefits; Divorce decree or child support documents.
Are handsets offered at a discount?
Customers must purchase the handset at retail price.
Will I need to sign a contract?
Chat Mobility does not require a contract for customers who qualify for Lifeline Assistance.
Once qualified for Lifeline assistance, where do I go to get service?
Customers may come to the following retail facilities to get service.
Glenwood – 906 Locust
Emerson – 404 Howland
Shenandoah – 409 S Fremont
Red Oak – 909 Senate Ave
Creston – Hwy 34 West
Osceola – 109 W McLane St
Chariton – 113 S. Grand Suite A